I have been wicked sick for over a week now and have not had much time for blogging. This post caught my eye as I love the idea of using olive oil for everything. The following comes from Ciao Florentina, another food blog I subscribe to. I remember watching an interview with some famous actress and she was asked how she kept her skin looking so good. She said she had always used a tiny bit of olive oil as facial moisturizer. How earthy, simple, romatic and glamorous all at the same time. Enjoy!
in love with extra virgin olive oil- All over again !
I go through gallons of it in my kitchen and just a few weeks ago i fell head over heels for a blood orange infused olive oil from Gourmet -Delights. It is made by crushing together fresh organic Moro blood oranges with tree-ripened California olives. Since then I’ve been using it not only on my daily salad but also as my favorite beauty product.
For my daily use I stick to the Gourmet Delights brand of extra virgin olive oil, it is a little fruity, full bodied and with a very pure taste. Now for the best part: both of these top quality extra virgin olive oils are under $20. Thank you Gourmet-Delights !
Her are my Top 7 beauty uses for extra virgin olive oil:
7 Beauty Uses For Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1. Eating. Olive oil is one of the 3 foods permitted by the FDA to contain a health claim benefit on its label. Drizzle it over salads, grilled vegetable, meats and bruschetta to improve your health and have radiant skin.
2. Shaving. Use olive oil instead of shaving cream for an extra smooth and silky finish. However your shower could become quite slippery so be careful getting in and out.
3. Dry Scalp Relief. Condition your scalp with warm olive oil & massage it in as a relief for dry scalp. Leave it on for 20 minutes then wash your hair as usual.
4. Make Up Remover and Face Moisturizer. Use olive oil filled with Vitamin E and antioxidants instead of your regular makeup remover and moisturizer to hydrate and renew, smooth and heal the skin, especially acne scars .
5. Cuticle Oil.Use it to help moisturize, repair and protect the cuticle against damage.
6. Soothing Oil. Apply to rashes for soothing, like diaper rash and sun burn.
7. Anti Frizz. Apply a couple of drops in the palm of your hand, rub gently and run your fingers through frizzy hair to tame it, add shine and condition.
I'm Krysta and I'm neither a writer, chef or a photographer but I try to combine those three divine talents and turn them into this blog. I'm passionate about food. I love to cook, like to write and tell my food adventures here. I write about what I make in real time. It's fun! Follow me if you'd like and see what I'm making for breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert and everything in between. And I do love any comments I receive, so go ahead and make my day!